Saturday, 12 April 2014

The Royals

Photo courtesy of CNN.com
New Zealand is on a week-long romantic interlude with William & Kate, often endearingly mentioned as The Royals.  Add-in a good mix of a cute baby named Prince George, and that is enough to have some Kiwis ecstatic about the royal visit.

I read somewhere that the Queen normally doesn't allow heirs to the throne to go on trips together, specially long, overseas trips.  Something to do with safety and ensuring a continuity to the throne. And suddenly the Queen surprised everyone when she allowed her grandson William (2nd in line) and George (3rd in line) to travel together.  The red carpet has been laid for the Royals (sounds like a new band) for their smooth and enjoyable sojourn in Aotearoa New Zealand, the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Later today, I will be travelling to Rotorua from Hamilton, passing through Cambridge.  The Royals (there's that word again) will be in town to grace the opening of the Avantidrome, New Zealand's new Cycling Centre of Excellence. I'd better find another alternative route (I'm sure there are) to avoid the traffic of vehicles and people who are definitely flocking to Cambridge to get a glimpse of William & Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment