I've noticed lots of smiles and laughter from the people who didn't mind the rainy weather and biting cold. Just a few minutes south of Hamilton, this place offers a bounty of seasonal fruits and vegetables, arts and crafts, all kinds of food, and even my favourite venison burger. This is also a gourmet paradise with foods from Hungarian, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, Indian, Cornish, Dutch and the traditional Kiwi food fare. Sampling the food was quite heavenly!
Tucked in a corner is a quaint bookshop selling hard to find books at bargain prices! And right behind is the St. Stephen's cemetery. EFTPOS is available but cash is better. BYO bags is better to lessen your plastic footprint. I've also noticed a lot of homemade food products. It was a joy to discover that most of the arts and crafts on display and for sale were handmade with the proprietor-creators also present to talk about their arts and crafts.
As I walked to my car, I couldn't help but notice that this is not just a country market of food and wares, but also one of ideas! I couldn't get enough of this experience. I'm afraid I'll be coming to this place as often as I can.

No comments:
Post a Comment